Customers Demand Excellent Service and Convenience
“And The Winner Is…..”
“Australian companies win in customer satisfaction-Australia takes the gold in customer satisfaction in 2016 with 91.35% average satisfaction score as one of the biggest countries in terms of the number of chats.” Customer Service Report Live Chat, Inc 2017
In a recent Customer Service report, with data accumulated across 22 industries and from over 13 000 companies, findings revealed that Australia leads in Customer Satisfaction. Australia’s Customer Satisfaction rating is followed by the US with 91% which saw an increase from 2015 stats.
With data collected from over 22 billion website visits, more than 230 million chats and 11 million tickets findings have also revealed that there has been a 43.41% increase in the use of live chat in 2016. (1)
Convenience vs. Loyalty
Customers have access to 24/7 technology that offers them the convenience of sourcing and comparing products and services. Do your services accommodate that consumer? Research shows that customers have an expectation for retailers and service providers to adapt products and services to meet their needs. (2) Adapting your service to suit the consumer is no longer just an option. (3)
In 2016 Australian shoppers spent nearly $21 billion online. (3) With 39% of consumers choosing services and products based on convenience and variety while 61% ranked loyalty over convenience.(4)
So how do you combine marketing concepts to attract and retain and improve customer satisfaction while still keeping overheads to a minimum? The solution is Live Chat. Did you know that 63% of consumers that say they choose to return to a website that features live chat above those that do not? Providing your consumers with 24/7 service and access to services and products while also providing one-on-one customer service is a smart move.(4)
Why Choose Live Chat?
Are you prepared to accommodate the predicted consumer trends over the holiday season? It is estimated that companies can expect to see an increase of up to 53.74% more activity on their websites in the period leading up to the festive season as consumers start sourcing holiday destinations and gifts.
This trend continues well into the New Year with after-sales service. Recent global trends have seen more and more companies including Live Chat services as a tool to improve their conversion rates and sales while still maintaining focus on keeping overheads low. In this digital world where technology continues to evolve, combined with the expectations of the consumer mix, while also giving customers 24/7 access to your business and services, choosing live chat makes good business sense and considering that:
- 61% of website visitors choosing to make use of chat services for information and queries over traditional methods
- 44% of online consumers saying that one of the most important features companies can offer is having a live chat specialist available during the online transaction
- 63% of consumers choosing to return to a website with the live chat feature(5)
- With the need for small business owners to keep overheads to a minimum, live chat offers you the perfect solution for both long term and short term goals.
The Benefits of Live Chat
Not only does live chat offer you the added benefits of customer service in real-time or the added benefit of never missing a call, you can have a 24/7 Virtual Assistant/Receptionist. A study comparing businesses with live chat compared to those without, also revealed that (6):
- 34% greater annual improvement in customer satisfaction rate.
- 4x greater annual increase in cross-sell and up-sell revenue.
- 20% greater annual improvement in customer contact abandonment rate.
- 3x greater annual improvement in agent utilization rate.
- 6x greater annual improvement in customer care costs.